Browsers just stop "receiving data" until i reset the pc.

I've got chrome and firefox installed. Restarting the potato pc and getitng my progs all loaded again is a pain..
At random times, chrome (I use 99% of the time) will stop connecting to the internet. None of the tabs will load anyhitng, if its youtube the video will stop. Restarting the browser doesnt worrk. If I have both browsers open, it effects both of them. If I open firefox AFTER the problem is notice with chrome, it still effects firefox too.

Every other program can still connect to the internet, its just the damn browsers that stop working

Last edited:

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Make sure you have the correct ethernet or wireless driver installed. Other than that, not sure what else. You might have to totally reinstall windows if its corrupt. There are 2 options when resetting pc, non destructive and destructive. Which one are you doing?

Its more likely to do it after being left on a couple days, and yes im restarting my computer.... the fast way. Guess I'm paying the price now, but it is such a weird thing to happen!

i just thought maybe I should have posted in software, nvm.
Thanks.

Does it seem to take a long time?
I always ticked every option on avasts full scan before, stuff it warned me about hugely increasing the time, like scanning inside archives, which should be less 1% of the total (3tb of relativity atm)

their nags and trickery trying to get a purchase annoyed me, and im pretty sure it was probably coded badly; or to least badly enough to be relevant to a 13ish year old system.

Make sure you have the correct ethernet or wireless driver installed. Other than that, not sure what else. You might have to totally reinstall windows if its corrupt. There are 2 options when resetting pc, non destructive and destructive. Which one are you doing?
I switched to bitdefender, and perhaps I rememebr incorrectly, my memory hasnt been the same since low-level brain-damage since low level brain damage sadly..

I think laziness just led me to accepting the destructive reset as acceptable in a mathematical hand-wavey way. im curious how destructive just presing the reset button cane be? I guess its messed up my browsers somehow; can I fix it by starting tor eset the way it is intended. If not then why not?

Sorry for the barrage of questions, if any take too long to answer, just skip I aimagine its not recoverable without a reisntall from what you said, also its an upgrade from 7 to 10! professional to home , and lol am I right in assuming this has a greater specific increase in issues?

Thanks.

It was an emulator i had always on in the background causing problems. I barely had enough resources for it.
Haven't turned off pc for a month now and is operating fine lol.