BSOD Help.

CrayonMuncher

I keep getting the bsod in the atached pic, i have resintalled win 7 now and updated my drivers, on catalyst 11.1 (all this started after i tried 11.2).

The bsod is in relation to dxgmms1.sys which appears to be a direct x file, always happens when gaming, usually around an hour in and is fine when i'm not gaming.

I am currently updating windows with this update for stabilty and updating directx

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/974431

I used a program to view the bsod as i have'nt got the debugging tools from microsoft yet.

The ram in my sig has been suspect to a lot of errors by other people but what i have seems to be fine, i ran the microsoft diagnostics tool (cause i didnt have memtest) and it ran 95 passes with no errors.

Any help would be great.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
I'm surprised no one has answered this yet. I've noticed you have an ATI GPU. Have you tried updating the drivers for it? Also its possible you need to use an older driver as well. I run the HD3870 and any driver dated past catalyst 8.661 gives me blue screen issues. I'm not sure if its a card issue or driver issue related to windows XP.