BSOD Win 7 Pro

csmdew

New Member
Was shutting down win 7 pro as normal shutdown when I got the bsod. Stupidly I forgot to write down the error code while trying to get puter unlocked from the bsod. Finally shutdown with off button but when I tried to restart I can not get past the BIOS page that shows mem, drives installed, and basic pre post info; but that's as far as it will go. I have switched ram from slot to slot and tried all 4 sticks I have independently.(ram test shows ok on info page). Rescue disc does not work and have tried booting from a cloned harddrive but only get to the same bios page and no further, so does anyone have any suggestions for me to try. Running amd 2+ black 5000 cpu, gigabyte ga-ma770-ds3 board, 3 gb crucial ram 800, xfx nvedia 8600gt, and 600 watt ps. Any help is greatly appreciated, thanks.
 
Follow these steps to fix a Blue Screen in Safe Mode
Once booting start, select "Safe Mode" from the boot menu.
Scan your hard drive by running your antivirus software. If the program locates an infection, move it to your vault or follow the on-screen instructions. After program completation, if a virus was removed, attempt to reboot your computer and see if this clears up the problem. If not, restart your computer in safe mode.
Restore your computer to a previous point. Click on the "Start" button. Select "All Programs", "Accessories", "System Tools" and finally "System Restore". Choose a restore point on or before the last day your computer worked without error. Finally Reboot your computer to see if it loads correctly.
 
Last edited:
Hi,
Users who may not be able to boot into normal mode, or are not able to troubleshoot their computer correctly, may need to boot into Safe Mode bypassing normal windows settings and start up programs and allowing the user to fix their computer.

Thanks
 
I have fixed the problem (loose wires; hopefully), could not post past the startup menu for the motherboard so could not even reach the os boot screen, much less boot into safe mode.
 
Back
Top