budget $400-500

I expected I'd go over when I started comparing things, so I put the budget on the lower side just in case. :)

Just as a double check, is everything here compatible and a good choice for the money? (That board will fit the case properly right?)

Now for the tricky part; how difficult (and dangerous) will the assembly likely be?

Yep, everything compatible, I/O shield will fit, assembly:

http://www.computerforum.com/104641-how-build-computer-step-step-photos.html
Pretty simple, imo
 
I've been thinking about this some more and I have a few more questions.

This psu seems to be a really nice one and has enough wattage for me, but I wonder if a modular supply would be easier to work with. Are they worth the extra money? CORSAIR CMPSU-400CX 400W (this is the original one I was considering, not a modular one)

Also, I'm second guessing myself about how much processor power I need. I want something that will meet my needs for awhile. It's difficult to find a more powerful AMD that doesn't need more than 95 watts and cost significantly less than the i5. I'm currently considering this cpu: AMD Phenom II X4 925


[edit]

This case looks almost the same as the Antec Three Hundred I was considering and apparently has good cable management which might work well with a non-modular psu. Only negative is that some of the reviewers said the front connectors wouldn't reach the ATX motherboard. LIAN LI Lancool PC-K56 Black 0.8 mm SECC, Plastic + Mesh ATX Mid Tower Computer Case
 
Last edited:
Back
Top