Building a laptop

shupola

well, i dont think all the parts are being sold individually, like case and mobo and those things. but it might be something for the future.

Lax

VIP Member
Does anyone actually build a laptop?

If so is it hard?
You can build a laptop to an extent but usually they can be gotten only through name brands. If you want to do your own fabrication and all that you could indeed make your own laptop with certain parts. If that was the case ebay will most likely be your friend.

epidemik

Oh:( , thanks

It will be cool once we can.
How long to you think it will be until we can? Is it in the near future or is it a ways off?

shupola

epidemik said:
Oh:( , thanks

It will be cool once we can.
How long to you think it will be until we can? Is it in the near future or is it a ways off?

its hard to say for sure. maybe not in our lifetime? you never know though.

spamdos

yes you can make your own laptops as a matter of fact. you start with the barebones which you can get from a supplier. you can put the processor and the rest of it in so yes you can build your own laptop

Geoff

VIP Member
Well companies such as cyberpower can custom build laptops for you, so it obviusly can be done.

X24

cyberpower and sites like that get barebone's units from dealers like compal, msi, twinhead and uniwell. they just put their own parts in and sell it.

so its possible to a certain extent. you can buy say a barebones MSI 1029, add in a processor, wireless card, ram, hdd and OS and there you go.

but its kinda hard and i'd just rather buy from a company and get a warrenty.

tractorboy

you have also forgotten about the lcd....you are also limitted to a lcd, dictated by what onboard vga you have since the onboard vga connectors are not standardised.

I think buying a notebook from a manufacturer is wise.