Building A New Computer

novaj

New Member
Hey guys I'm planning on building a gaming computer and I haven't played games in the longest time. So my current desktop is WAY outdated
I'm looking forward to Starcraft 2 and Diablo 3, and so I want to build a system that will run those games pretty well and smooth and nice.
My budget is below 1000, including shipping :0
I've tried to build one but I always go overpriced and I am really rusty with building.
Also I would like Windows 7 premium and for the video card I'd prefer an Nvidia.
Processor an intel. Thanks guys for helping me out! I'd like to learn a few new things while I wait for responses! Remember $1000, and it has to run starcraft 2 and diablo 3 on high and smoothly!




-BlackHawk
 
Gaming list for $1033, MIR $110, Shipping $14

Intel Core i5-750 Lynnfield 2.66GHz 8MB L3 Cache LGA 1156 95W Quad-Core Processor
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115215

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL7D-4GBRM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820231303

EVGA 512-P3-1140-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card in SLi
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130539

EVGA P55 SLI 132-LF-E655-KR LGA1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard + EVGA GTS 250 Combo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.397760

LG Black 22X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 22X DVD-R 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM 2MB Cache SATA DVD Burner - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16827136167

COOLER MASTER HAF 922 + Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 ST3500418AS 500GB combo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.400950

CORSAIR CMPSU-750TX 750W ATX12V / EPS12V SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Compatible with Core i7 Power Supply
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817139006

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit 1-Pack for System Builders - OEM
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16832116754
 
Last edited:
the graphics card is awful! change that gts 250 for a 5770 and ur good to go.

Gaming list for $1033, MIR $110, Shipping $14


EVGA 512-P3-1140-TR GeForce GTS 250 512MB 256-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card in SLi
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130539

EVGA P55 SLI 132-LF-E655-KR LGA1156 Intel P55 ATX Intel Motherboard + EVGA GTS 250 Combo
http://www.newegg.com/Product/ComboDealDetails.aspx?ItemList=Combo.397760

i think daisy meant have them in sli, which i would agree with. the two cards equal about a 260's price, and i am assuming the performance beats the 260.
 
the graphics card is awful! change that gts 250 for a 5770 and ur good to go.

He want Nvidia...
At $150 - 200 price point, there is no single Nvidia card. SLi GTS 250 ($180) will be the best option for that price point
GTX 260 would be an althernative option, but with $200, GTS 250 in SLi would probably beat that
 
Back
Top