Building a new computer

DBAAAAA

Hi, I need some advice on my build,
1. AMD Athlon II X4 "Propus C2" 635, 4x 2.9GHz, Socket AM3, Boxed
2. SAMSUNG SH-S222A, DVD±RW, Beige, Bulk (SH-S222A/BEWE)
3. WESTERN DIGITAL Caviar Green WD6400AARS, 640GB, Bulk
4. ASUS M4A88TD-M EVO/USB3, AMD 880G / SB 850 (does crossfire make a big difference in games or I don`t need it?)
5. KINGSTON HyperX KHX1600C9D3/2G (2x)
6. THERMALTAKE ToughPower 600W, 600 Watts (W0103) (is the power supply anynear it`s 600W?
7. About the GPU I`m thinking about from ati 5xxx series or should i take the 4xxx High-end ones?
8. XIGMATEK Asgard (Case)

philaaay

What's your budget? Knowing that will help us determine the best bang for your buck!

Crossfire/SLI will always have some improvement than a single card, but it depends. Personally, I think like, say, if you were to get a 5870, one card should be fine since it's powerful enough to run almost all games out there nicely. Depending on the price of the cards as well is always something to think about. I have two 4850s in Crossfire, mainly because they're only $129.99 a card and I noticed a huge jump in framerates when playing games and benchmark scores. Back then, these cards were as priced as the 5850s right now. I have them running both at x16 and together, they pack about the same punch as a single 5850, just $30 less and not supportive of DX11 :p

No point in having two 5870s in Crossfire or two GTX 480s/470s and only playing, like CSS or WoW since one card will do fine. Even with a single 5850 is more than enough for "now" - if you plan to do heavy gaming (maxing out Crysis) or like to whore out your machine for the highest benchmark score, then two cards will be beneficial, I guess.

It's always better to get one card for now and then when prices drop, pick up the second one for a third or so of the cost! It's not like you'll be lacking performance with what's out right now.

Just my two cents.

Last edited:

DBAAAAA

Amm, about 600CHF (switzerland money, cause i`m in switzerland) and i`m building from this site www.toppreise.ch
Windows I don`t need, and i don`t know about the gpu maby friend will give it to me, it`s I think something from 5xxx series, or I`m gonna need to buy one
Thanks, i changed the mobo, http://www.toppreise.ch/prod_188256.html what about this? and how big the difference between pci-e x16 and pci-e x8 is?

Last edited: