Building computer... Need 2nd opinions

kof2000

do you get to keep the rest of the money? if so then go out and buy a celeron d computer around 300 bucks at walmart or something =D works great in the office.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well, it depends. It might be used for something else in the future.....and why not a wkst card? Not all of them are expensive (I think)
A workstation card is expensive and used for CAD and animation. I think you had "business/office card" in mind

Praetor.... could you explain the bottleneck?!? please?
You've got a fairly high end CPU, top notch motherboard and 3rd rate video system but then again you're looking for a system to do office applications and such

IMO the setup looks fine. If you're not gaming you could get by with a lesser gfx card, integrated even.
Absolutely. Spend the money for the processor :)

And IGP is not good b/c eventually it blows
You forget we're talking about office applications

You state that like its a fact.
He does that a lot.

It probably is.....2 old('94-'95) comps that had IGP, both blew, end of both, couldnt' switch it to a card.....but that prolly won't happen for this one. A card is better anyway, no matter what.
Again you fail to realize these are office applications in mind

well, all I was pointing out is that you have to have a powerful PC to play games like that.
Except the system is an office machine :)

mtucker23

I thank you all for your help. The system has been built, and is running smooth. I use Catia, which is a high end solid modeling program. That is on there and is working better than any other machine it has been used on.
All your help has been great! much appreciated. :) I hope i can help others in the future.

-MT