Building First Rig, have a question

jameshooks

New Member
So i'm building my first computer, I've got it all planned out, here are my planned specs.

evga x58 motherboard
Core i7 930 cpu
6 gigs of ddr3 (3x2gb)
750w antec power supply
already have a seagate 500gb HDD
basic read write dvd/cd
gtx 260 sli (running one on current rig)
havent decided on the case

NOW. my question is, is it advised to buy most of this all at once? or should i space it out. Where i want to start building right away, i don't want to go buying a motherboard & cpu, save some more, get the power supply and ram a month later and find out the motherboards dead, and be past store return dates.

Advice would be much appreciated.
 
Buy all as once, for 2 reason.
1 - Price of Hardware would usually go down, but not up.
2 - You need to have all component to start the machine. You'd never know which one would DOA...
 
The chances are low that your parts will be bad. Most of my returns are because I wanted to upgrade.

I understand the want to pace your spending but I would just set a bedget and save, who knows how your priorities and wants will change.

Good luck

Oh, if you do pace your buying look for killer deals.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top