Hi there,
This is my first time building my own computer. I want to have a really good gaming machine, as well as a faster machine for 3D rendering.
It will be running Windows 7 Pro 64bit.
If anyone could give me any feedback on the parts that I'm looking at it would be greatly appreciated, or recommend other parts that may be better. (preferably a bit lower in price, lol, I'm at the top of what I'm willing to spend.)
Intel Core i7 860 Quad Core Processor
$354.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=42498&vpn=BX80605I7860&manufacture=Intel
*******EDIT*******
I changed my mind on the Intel DP55KG Extreme Series ATX LGA1156 Crossfire Motherboard.
$239.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=42992&vpn=BOXDP55KG&manufacture=Intel
I'm now looking into getting the following motherboard,
ASUS P7P55D Deluxe LGA1156 Motherboard
$248.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=43118&vpn=P7P55D Deluxe&manufacture=ASUS
OCZ OCZ3G1333LV4GK 4GB DDR3 2X2GB Ram
Planning on purchasing 8gb total.
$111.17
http://www.ncix.com/products/index....LV4GK&manufacture=OCZ Technology&promoid=1130
Zalman GS1000 Black Aluminum ATX Tower Case
$183.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=31267&vpn=GS1000-B&manufacture=ZALMAN TECH
Western Digital WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB SATA2 Hard Drive
$99.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index....S&manufacture=Western Digital WD&promoid=1145
Zalman ZM-MFC3 4 Fan Speed Controller
$70.40
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/217535/ZALMAN_TECH/ZM_MFC3/
Coolermaster R4-L2R-20AC 120MM Case Fan
I'm looking into purchasing 3 or 4 of these
$8.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=42176&vpn=R4-L2R-20AC&manufacture=COOLERMASTER
Zalman CNPS10X Quiet CPU Cooler
$68.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=41865&vpn=CNPS10X QUIET&manufacture=ZALMAN TECH
Antec Truepower New 750W Modular Power Supply
$122.17
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10370AC6497&vpn=TP-750&manufacture=ANTEC
ATI Radeon HD5750 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-E Video Card
$229.99
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10134635&catid=
Arctic Silver 5 HIGH-DENSITY Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound
$12.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=10715&vpn=AS5-3.5&manufacture=Arctic Silver
I already have,
lightscribe dvd burner
22inch monitor
23inch hd monitor
windows 7 certified all in one printer
windows 7 pro
bluetooth keyboard and mouse
speakers
This is my first time building my own computer. I want to have a really good gaming machine, as well as a faster machine for 3D rendering.
It will be running Windows 7 Pro 64bit.
If anyone could give me any feedback on the parts that I'm looking at it would be greatly appreciated, or recommend other parts that may be better. (preferably a bit lower in price, lol, I'm at the top of what I'm willing to spend.)
Intel Core i7 860 Quad Core Processor
$354.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=42498&vpn=BX80605I7860&manufacture=Intel
*******EDIT*******
I changed my mind on the Intel DP55KG Extreme Series ATX LGA1156 Crossfire Motherboard.
$239.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=42992&vpn=BOXDP55KG&manufacture=Intel
I'm now looking into getting the following motherboard,
ASUS P7P55D Deluxe LGA1156 Motherboard
$248.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=43118&vpn=P7P55D Deluxe&manufacture=ASUS
OCZ OCZ3G1333LV4GK 4GB DDR3 2X2GB Ram
Planning on purchasing 8gb total.
$111.17
http://www.ncix.com/products/index....LV4GK&manufacture=OCZ Technology&promoid=1130
Zalman GS1000 Black Aluminum ATX Tower Case
$183.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=31267&vpn=GS1000-B&manufacture=ZALMAN TECH
Western Digital WD1001FALS Caviar Black 1TB SATA2 Hard Drive
$99.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index....S&manufacture=Western Digital WD&promoid=1145
Zalman ZM-MFC3 4 Fan Speed Controller
$70.40
http://www.bestdirect.ca/products/217535/ZALMAN_TECH/ZM_MFC3/
Coolermaster R4-L2R-20AC 120MM Case Fan
I'm looking into purchasing 3 or 4 of these
$8.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=42176&vpn=R4-L2R-20AC&manufacture=COOLERMASTER
Zalman CNPS10X Quiet CPU Cooler
$68.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=41865&vpn=CNPS10X QUIET&manufacture=ZALMAN TECH
Antec Truepower New 750W Modular Power Supply
$122.17
http://www.directcanada.com/products/?sku=10370AC6497&vpn=TP-750&manufacture=ANTEC
ATI Radeon HD5750 1024MB GDDR5 PCI-E Video Card
$229.99
http://www.futureshop.ca/catalog/proddetail.asp?logon=&langid=EN&sku_id=0665000FS10134635&catid=
Arctic Silver 5 HIGH-DENSITY Polysynthetic Silver Thermal Compound
$12.99
http://www.ncix.com/products/?sku=10715&vpn=AS5-3.5&manufacture=Arctic Silver
I already have,
lightscribe dvd burner
22inch monitor
23inch hd monitor
windows 7 certified all in one printer
windows 7 pro
bluetooth keyboard and mouse
speakers
Last edited: