building new PC for gaming need specs for it?

LOC_scorpion

hey guys am new to this forum but im wanting to build a new computer just for gaming really just wondering what are the best things to put in this PC? any suggestions are greatly appricated. thx guys!

SFR

Truth fears no questions
LOC_scorpion said:
hey guys am new to this forum but im wanting to build a new computer just for gaming really just wondering what are the best things to put in this PC? any suggestions are greatly appricated. thx guys!
Tell us a little bit more. What is your budget? What kind of games do you want to play? Do you want to build a computer with room to upgrade? etc...

But first... Take a few minutes and search around on this forum.. There are many previous threads on this topic.

LOC_scorpion

if i had 4 hours to surf the forum i wud budget is bout £500 playing games like unreal tournement and age of empires champ man. need for speed all types of games and yea room for improvement. my m8 built one top class for £400 but he oved away bout 2 months ago so carnt ask him no more. thx ppl peace

SFR

Truth fears no questions
LOC_scorpion said:
if i had 4 hours to surf the forum i wud

Wow... 4 hours of research.... THATS A KILLER!

It takes time to do the proper research when buying a computer... I dont want to sound like Im on a soap box... but just telling everyone you want a computer... here is the price... and walla... just wont cut it. You will get maybe 5 or 10 people telling you about 100 different things... and without the PROPER RESEARCH you will not know what to do.

anyway... Im done here... While I was of no help regarding your new computer... just understand that it takes time to find the right parts for a computer and spending 4 hours doing some research is NOT A LONG TIME.

anyway... for starters check out this thread on video cards:

http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=5407&highlight=game+computer

(that took about 4 seconds to search for)....

LOC_scorpion

am takin video card out of my old one. what i shud av asked for is an oppinion on what ppl think i shud get like which graphic card, how much memory, hard drive space, which is best brand of processor. i dont do my research on net when im building a computer i try and get gd deals of ma m8s that i know but with it been xmas some of the things i want have gone up in price. thx for the help u have given me.