Building own PC

Lone Wolf

Hi,
I'm looking to build my own PC in the next month or so and would be interested in finding out members' opinions of the best case with its PSU, motherboard, processor with heat sink and fan, RAM modules, video card, Sound card, Speakers, Hard drive, Floppy drive, CD/DVD drives, Modem available.

Lone Wolf

I'm not looking to make it on the cheap. The intent is general purpose, internet use. I also need a DVD writer.

heinzbitte

Do you have any general idea of what kind of parts you want? Such as what brand processor. Radeon or Nvidia video card?

LOL that could be an interesting question... If I had the cash lets say Nvidia 6800U in sli... 2 opterons... 3 monitors one of which is widescreen (that one would be hooked up to the sil. the other 2 could be on a third (or fourth)video card...) 8 raptors in raid 0+1... (this is fun!)...
I could go on forever but for cost effectiveness and only going internet and burning Dvd's an amd sempron might not be bad. Add 512Mb or ram and a 250Gig harddrive and you should be pretty good.

mgoldb2

VIP Member
Lone Wolf said:
Okay. I'll put it a different way, if you were building a PC, what would you put in it?

You can look at the computer I chose to build in my sig. I have a feeling you not planning on spending that much. The point the last poster and I trying to make is you really have to give us a ballpark figure of how much you willing to spend.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Okay. I'll put it a different way, if you were building a PC, what would you put in it?
Exactly what ive got but change the mobo to MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum. :)

For your budget you should be able to shoot for Athlon64-3500, MSI K8N Neo4, a 6600GT and a 1GB of ram :)

Lone Wolf

Praetor said:
Exactly what ive got but change the mobo to MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum. :)

For your budget you should be able to shoot for Athlon64-3500, MSI K8N Neo4, a 6600GT and a 1GB of ram :)

Thanks for the great advice. I dare say I'll be back in touch again soo. ;)