Burn Software

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
Hi all :) I've been away for awhile but now here I am and with a question of my very own :)..

I've just a purchased new Dual layer dvd burner and I'd like to take some of my 2+ disk games and put them on one DVD. Thing is how would I do this? Any advice on software and such much appreciated thanks.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Ooooh that might not be so straightforward given copy-protection schemes (although it would be fun to try ... i dont have any multiDVD games so i cant help). WHat games (and more importantly, what protection schemes are you dealing with) ... ill say right off the bat, i dont think the LG drive is up to the task for SafeDisc based games tho.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
LG drive is up to the task for SafeDisc based games tho

I dunno about my new DVD burn Drive but my old LG Writer took care of all those nasty copy protections (I'm talking about legal cd backkups of my own game library) so it'll be interesting to see how this drive deals with them.

as far as games my average game as of late is at least 3 CD disks or more and I've managed to back them all up on my LG cd writer so the copy protections aren't really of no worry to me :).. I'd just really love to shrink my game library down to one disk per game or even a few games on one disk (DVD of course).

I was also shocked that you knew it was an LG drive as I've not mentioned it! but then I noticed you read my sig and that's the old drive ;-) although the new one is also an LG but just to ease anyones minds out there they handle write protections just lovely (again as back up purposes only).

Note:

Anyone that thinks about sending me a personal message about game protections wont be responded too!! I've only made legal copies of my own game library.

swimfreak26

This will not be the most convienient way to do it, but the only option I see is to create disk image files of each of the CD's to a game and burn those onto a DVD in data format.

The problem here is that you'll need a program, such as alcohol 120%, that will read iso files on a "virtual drive" rather than having to have the CD present or burn a new cd for your computer to read them.

Blue

<b>VIP Member</b>
This will not be the most convienient way to do it, but the only option I see is to create disk image files of each of the CD's to a game and burn those onto a DVD in data format

I've actualy thought of that but decided against it although it's a good suggestion thanks :).

Also Praetor I noticed you have gotten a new system since the last time I was at the site :) tiss a very choice in equipment :).