Burned DVD Reading problems

RiseandTakeOver

:mad: I don't understand... i burned (insert name here) and it works fine in my dvd player... then i burned (insert name here) and it won't work at all .. just keeps saying "disk read error" .. it says this in my xbox too... i am confuzzled..

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. Media LABEL?
2. Media ATIP?
3. Burner model and firmware?
4. Burning app?
5. Burn speed?
6. Burn mode?
7. Xbox rev and chip status

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
- Media LABEL? = the name on the disc (i.e., Sony, Verbatim, Maxell)
- Media ATIP? = the company that actually sold the disc to Sony/verbatim/Maxell (i.e., Ritek, CMC, Mitsubishi)
These two are important (much more so the 2nd one) in determining the quality of the media

- Burner model and firmware? = straightforward. The plexwriter series includes a bunch of drives and within each drive, several firmware revs

- Burning app? = nero? a120? clonedvd? dvddecryptor? etc
- Burn speed?= a number
These two are simple enough i would have thought you'd put the time to answer them especially if you want us to help.

- Burn mode? = DataDVD, DataDVD Image, DVD Video, XBOXisO etc
- Xbox rev and chip status = whats the version num and/or what chip (if applicable) do you have in it?

Sophocles

VIP Member
Memorex sucks, get better media and reduce your burn speed. Another common cause of skips is believe it or not a fragmented hard disc. Remember your hard disk is feeding a multi gig file to your burner and if it stutters while its doing that then so will the result.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Remember your hard disk is feeding a multi gig file to your burner and if it stutters while its doing that then so will the result.
Isnt there a fancy Burnproof type thingy for DVDs? (cant remember if it was called the same or not)

Sophocles

VIP Member
Isnt there a fancy Burnproof type thingy for DVDs? (cant remember if it was called the same or not)[

Yes (Nero and others) but it's an ify at best situation, remember it's software controlled but your hard disk has physical limitations that Nero and others can't handle.

Last edited:

SFR

Truth fears no questions
while some of you think xbox sucks... I dont.

There are problems with every electronic device.. and while Xbox might have more than its fair share... I have never had a problem with it..

Ive been able to play DVD's .. burned CD-R and store-bought music CD's without failing..

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
if u use nero u need to tick xbox compatibility when burning a movie for playing on xbox.
And where does it have that box? :)

while some of you think xbox sucks... I dont.
There are problems with every electronic device.. and while Xbox might have more than its fair share... I have never had a problem with it..
LOL this prolly belongs in the game section but, [1] i dont think it sucks per se, it does a superb job for it's class of entertainment platform however [2] im used to computer gaming and all its quirks and benifits/etc :) and [3] I was just poking fun heehee