Burning out?

Cookieboro

I unpluged my all my hardware

dvd
cd-rw
80gb hhd
15gb hhd

then after i installed a fan controller and pluged it all back together the hard drive packed in. so i got a new one. then install everything then the both cd drives stoped working and when i unplued them i can boot up. when i unpluged them i could smell a burning smell. Dose this mean they have burned out? running a 300w psu.

geranimo://

Uhm, sounds like you dont have enough power, I think you should get a new powersupply...correct me if Im wrong anyone..

jancz3rt

<b>VIP Member</b>
Well

Looks like some extreme power surges that cause components to go bust. The smoke reiterates that I think. In other words I think replacing the PSU could solve it.

JAN :D

SlothX311

might be the fuse in the power supply, if you don't know how to change it, its probably cheaper to buy a new power supply. Lots of times if a capasitor inside the power supply didnt explode, then its simply the fuse. (You would know if a capasitor exploded, very webby, very stringy, very messy.) :p

Cookieboro

I have opened a old powersupply before and i did see a fuse and looked pritty easy to change.... but thing is im running the same system now :S i have unpluged everything but my old 15gb hhd.