Burning to a DVD - need help please

asdfguy

I have a couple of movies made up of various BUP's, IFO's and MPEG's. When I try to burn it to a DVD w/ Roxio, it seems as though everything goes great untill I try to play it in a standard DVD player. I've done it before by mounting ISO's and burning a copy of it, why won't it work when burning from the VIDEO_TS folder w/ BUP's, IFO's and MPEG's? I can't keep going through DVD's like this. Thanks in advance.

Starman*

The mpegs have to be .VOB files to go on a dvd. It is not clear from your description if that is the case. I don't know about Roxio but Nero will not let you burn a video dvd unless all the files are present and correct. Are you sure you have all the original file structure.

You did not say what happens when you play the burned dvds. Say!

An iso will usually be an exact copy of another dvd so burning should be straightforward (the burning software will not care two hoots what the content is). Completely different process to video_ts in which the burn has to be constructed from the files.

Starman*

PC eye

banned
Most video writing softwares will run without issues converting MPEG II format files by splitting them into five different sections seen on the final disk. The player then reassembles those for playback whether on pc or standard dvd models. The newer model dvd players also support video cds(vcds) and audio cds as well. You may have to convert the files in the other formats to MPEG I or II in order to see good burn results. This will be seen even on NERO and NEODVD as well.