Buying a new computer.

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks!
>Sorry< but I don't like to be verbally left out by the ambiguity of others words. It's horrid for me to, I should have said it, encounter it when I'm 'interacting' with peoples since I got Aspergers. :(

Nothing I would like to tell >anybody< on ANY forum but I don't want to be rude to others I might aswell tell the condition right away.

Kind words... well I don't know how to phrase it in a polite way but when you write to me, please do it as clearly as you can.

Sure, I understand all that and you don't need to apologize. :)

Vargas

Thanks. Words appreciated :).

Though I've been reading 5 min I feel that, since I don't go budget this time, DDR2-800 2GB is the thing for this comp I'm buying.

And even when I feel that the latency should be, at best on nil, I don't understand at this time why I should care if the latency is on 4 or 6 when DDR2-800 is better then ordinary DDR-800.

Even if it would "slow" the comp down when it's doing the access on the memory module.

Last edited:

mep916

Administrator
Staff member
And even when I feel that the latency should be, at best on nil, I don't understand at this time why I should care if the latency is on 4 or 6 when DDR2-800 is better then ordinary DDR-800.

In short, lower latencies are better. DDR2 800 with timings @ 4-4-4-12 2T is good enough. You can play around with timings and get them lower, but, as they say, you probably "won't notice the difference." :p

Vargas

In short, lower latencies are better. DDR2 800 with timings @ 4-4-4-12 2T is good enough. You can play around with timings and get them lower, but, as they say, you probably "won't notice the difference." :p

Yeah, true the mind woulden't notice - I guess that's what my so called 'feeling' was bugging me about. I mean there's not way that the human mind at this point of evolution, if ever, could ever handle this small differential of time/latency.

Last edited: