Camcorder to Pc

roy_rajat

I have a Panasonic mini DV. What is the best way to transfer images from my camcorder to my PC. And what is the best way (software) for making decent resolution movies on my PC so that they can be burned onto CDs. Is it too far fetched to think of a 30 min movie in decent resolution to be less than 700MB? Any suggestions or a link giving detailed account on this would be highly appreciated.

Last edited:

The_Other_One

VIP Member
A firewire card would be the best option. They are all basically the same. Any generic card should do fine. As for file size, you have to start uncompressed(about 8 gigabytes an hour) but you can easilly compress after you capture.

Software, there's Windows Movie Maker, Ulead Video Studio, and Premiere are some of the one's I've used. Premiere is the best, but also the most complicated. If you have ME or XP, you should have Windows Movie maker, which might be more what you want...

roy_rajat

Thanks for the quick response. I do have firewire card on my computer. But when i connect my camcorder to it i dont see it being recognized as a separate drive. So what is the exact way to capture the video from my camcorder.