Camcorder

Ruger22C

I'm running Sapphire X850XT with Catalyst Drivers, I have a camcorder, with S-Video hooked up from the Camcorder, to my Video Card. I can get video on the camcorder, I've recorded things, now I just don't know how to get it 'from' my camcorder, onto my PC. I go to the Movie Maker, and in Available Devices, it shows only my webcamera that I have hooked up, and not my camcorder. Can anyone help me?

Thank you, Signed,
Spark Johnson.

DCIScouts

VIP Member
Does your camcorder have to have drivers installed in order to download directly to the computer? Otherwise, what most people need is a video capture card/device. Should be able to pick one up for about $50 at Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc.

Ruger22C

dciscouts said:
Does your camcorder have to have drivers installed in order to download directly to the computer? Otherwise, what most people need is a video capture card/device. Should be able to pick one up for about $50 at Radio Shack, Best Buy, etc.

It is a standard camcorder, not a digital one. Am I likely to find drivers for it? Also, do you know of a good HD TV-Tuner card, with ability to go over channel 100's? I think last time I looked for one, there was only One, at it was around $130. But, that was quite awhile ago.

Thank you, Signed,
Spark Johnson.

Ruger22C

The_Other_One said:
You need a capturecard of some sort. The video card is probably just out, and you'll need some input.

Right, okay. Do you have a suggestion as for a TV tuner, matching the specs I listed above?

Thank you, Signed,
Spark Johnson.