Camera can't read my CF card...?

Drenlin

So I've got an older camera...HP C8452A. Came with an 8MB compactflash card, which is nowhere near enough even for a 2.1MP camera. I also have a 4GB CF drive, and the camera appears to read it, but will not save pictures to it. There's not indication of an error from the camera except for occasionally blinking 000 on the top LED readout, but the number of pictures remaining stays around the same number, sometimes even going up after I take a picture. When I put the card in the camera, there are pictures there, and the camera makes a DCIM folder, but the files aren't readable. I've tried formatting in FAT and FAT32, but past that I'm lost. Halp?

m3incorp

I seem to remember way back in the day that there was such a thing as CF drive which was slightly different from a normal CF. There were many cameras/electronics that wouldn't read the CF drive. With CF being so cheap, I'd recommend buying a 2 or 4 GB CF for your camera. Depending on how old your camera is will determine the max amount of memory that it can use.

Ouch, just realized this is a 3 month old thread.

Last edited: