camera help

wolfeking

banned
Okay, I know basically what I am looking for, but not what it is. My Adobe teacher seems to think I would be better off working with better quality base image. Well that means getting a better quality camera, like a bridge or a DSLR. Okay, but I know nothing about cameras, what do I look for? I am basically going to use it for sports shots (well bands, but its on a football field) and probably some intense up close zoom (like to get a pic of a capacitor on a board, or the Nvidia copywrite on the NVS in the D630). Probably need a DSLR for it, but not sure.

anyway, what would you all suggest for a $650 budget?

mx344

Well, with what you budget You can get Canon 350d, and a large zoom.
Look for 350d as you camera body.
look for a 55-250mm canon zoom lens.
there are nikon equivalents but Im a canon guy, so i have experience with these parts, so I can recommend them...

Out the door, your looking at 400$ Is it the best setup? na, but it will work great for what you need, you don't really need to spend that 650$ budget imo, not worth it if you can do it for cheaper...

Okay, so the zoom is a great starter zoom, but since it isn't a macro lens, you will have to play with it... zoom it out to the fullest, and stand 4 feet back from your subject, make sure there is alot of light, and focus. play with the aperture a lil, so you can get the things that you want in focus...

Since you don't know much about cameras read a manual on basic camera functions, itll help you understand what your doing :)

just hit me up if you have any questions.

wolfeking

banned
This might not be as bad as I though to start with. Looking at amazon, they have one for $259 and it looks by teh description to be an okay camera. exact description says
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0007QKN22/sr=/qid=/ref=olp_tab_used?ie=UTF8&colid=&coliid=&condition=used&me=&qid=&seller=&sr= said:
$259.99
+ $6.49shipping
Used - Good
Seller: Carlosram006
Seller Rating:93% positive over the past 12 months. (109 total ratings)
In Stock. Ships from FL, United States. Expedited shipping available.
Domestic shipping rates and return policy.
Please read carefully: Kit w/35-80mm lens. Fully functional in good overall shape but may show moderate wear on the body and finish loss on the rubber hand grip. No dents or heavy cosmetic defects. The lens barrel shows normal wear but the optic glasses are clear and free of dust, fungus, or scratches. Comes with EF 35-80mm lens, lens cap, eyepiece hood, Li-ion battery pack, compatible battery charger, USB interface cable, neck strap, and a 1GB CF card (No manuals, CD software, or any other accessories included). Fast shipping, tracking number when shipped, and signature confirmation. No shipping to PO boxes or APO/FPO/DPO locations. Seven (7) day return policy, if the item is not as described or defective on arrival. S/N 1820747329(B)/0112761(L) « « Show less

does that look good to you? Then I would need the lens and a case and memory card. I have 3 or 4 8GB cards around that I use with my point and shoot, I can use them, but I need a good size one that can hold upwards of 45 minutes of video with no issues at all. So maybe 32GB?

wolfeking

banned
I may try video. I am not 100% on that yet. Might just get a cheap camcorder from walmart for that. After all I can buy the video of competitions, but I prefer to take my own stills. Really video is not a dealbreaker.

mx344

okay, cause video feature is only about 4 years old with Dslr's so you'd have to spend about 200+ you'd barely be making it under 650..