can fujitsu siemens do this?

mark123can

I recently bought a new fujitsu siemens laptop and after about 8 weeks got broadband installed at home(dublin,ireland),downloaded a few songs and realised that the speakers in the laptop were dodgy and couldnt play music clearly.
I rang the helpline and they said it would have to be sent back in to be examined as its a hardware problem.They said the repair centre are very busy and this would take at least two or three weeks if they have the parts.
I told them that i need this computer on a daily basis and couldnt wait that long for repairs but the guy said there is nothing he can do as there is a backlog of computers awaiting repair.
This leaves me very pissed off because i only have two options:
a:just live with a brand new laptop that cant play music/sounds/dvds or

b:let them have it for 3 weeks in the hope that it comes back fixed and doesnt have to be sent again for another 3 weeks

When i bought this computer it came with a 1 year collect and return warranty which i extended to 3 years for an extra £110 but i feel that this delay in repair is not my problem and had i known about this would have went with another manufacturer
do i have any rights in a case like this or do i just have to wait till whenever they feel like fixing it in their own time limit?

alanuofm

VIP Member
i'm sure in there terms of service there is something dealing with the warranty making fujitsu unresponsible for any delays when making repairs. so you probably can't do anything besides send it back.

Lax

VIP Member
ANY company could have had a large amount of problems to fix. So it doesn't matter who you bought it from it could have happened to anyone at anytime.

alanuofm

VIP Member
this is one reason why i prefer dell. if the system is dispatched before 5, it is fixed that day and sent back out that day and is usually delivered within 2 business days.

Advitiya Saxena

1. DOnt over expect from those small electronic speakers. Buy some External speaker or good quality Head phone.

2. Sound is abt the size, n u can't limit it.

Advitiya Saxena

Lord AnthraX said:
What? If you mean sound is only as good as how big the speaker is you're wrong, dead wrong.

Then try to prove it. DOn give me examples of Bose electronics sound system. They may generate the music but the devil lies in details and originality.

If u read Physics, u would know....:)

alanuofm

VIP Member
Advitiya Saxena said:
Then try to prove it. DOn give me examples of Bose electronics sound system. They may generate the music but the devil lies in details and originality.

If u read Physics, u would know....:)

mr physics. care to explain? :)

Advitiya Saxena

Ok I am not ur physics teacher....

But just fr hint, calculate the wavelength and freq of soundwaves. then see the freq range of some common musical instrument. u will no the ans.

ever heard of gramophone lovers in this modern world. its something similar.
the size of speaker is directly proportional to the wavelength they may produce.

the electronic spesker which r being use nowadays use electronic to produce sound waves. they work well, i should say very well. but they can;t match the sound quality of larger system.

ask some musician for detail..:)

alanuofm

VIP Member
the larger the speaker the lower frequencies it can play. hence larger 15inch subwoofers can play frequencies in the 30's. and high pitched high frequencies notes are played on tweeters which are about 1inch in diameter. the reason being only larger cone areas can move slow enough to push the air infront of it at a certain frequency. if a tweeter tried to move air at a rate of 30 hz, you wouldn't be able to hear it. i could also get into resonance and dissonance and all those equations but physics is boring and i would rather not speak of the class ever again.

Ku-sama

banned
fraquencys yes, but think about this.... oh, amd i used to be with you 200%..... a bose acustimass 7 subwoofer with 2 4 inch high excustion mini subs in it, out performed my 10 and 12 subs i had before, the mini subs moved alot more air at lower volumes then the 10 and 12... and it was a tri bandpass setup inside, it reverberated the sound and made it sound as though it had a 12 in it, and i know a 18 inch sub, or a 15 inch sub would out preform it... but it still surprised me.... traded it for a sealed box with 2 12's in it... was damn good too..