Can i be tracked by an Ex on my phone?

textbook

Is it possible to be tracked without knowing it on you're phone Or for someone to see photos you are taking? How can you check if an ex knows where your location is or the photos you're taking or your messages? can someone have the login for your gmail account to get this info? What can you do to prevent this?

After going speeddating my Ex mysteriously turns up to my flat (which she rarely does) could've been coincidence. She also knew it ws me writing an anonymous username on Moneysaving Expert?

I know she can't track my SIM, that's illegal, but Gmail account or installed some software, any ideas?

Darren

Staff member
If she knows yours Google account password you can assume pretty much anything you do on the phone is recoverable in some form. I know for a fact it has location history that is viewable, and you can assume all your emails and potentially messages are recoverable too. Change your password if you think it's compromised.

We're not going to really be the place to give you specifics on how to you fend off crazy exes, though.

textbook

My location history is turned off I believe. However, when I went to 'find my phone' or something I could find the location, and the location of all five devices my gmail account is logged in to. Strange that I have five. Is that the extra sim in one of my phones with two sims? SM-A202F- that's not a phone is it? Says chrome web review on 28th Jul!!!

Darren

Staff member
My find my phone utility for Android still lists my previous phone I haven't used in 2.5 years and is now currently in use by my mom on a different SIM card. It's not associated with my Google account anymore but it is still listed although not reachable. I think you're just seeing old entries.

SM-A202F is a Samsung A20E

Okedokey

My location history is turned off I believe. However, when I went to 'find my phone' or something I could find the location, and the location of all five devices my gmail account is logged in to. Strange that I have five. Is that the extra sim in one of my phones with two sims? SM-A202F- that's not a phone is it? Says chrome web review on 28th Jul!!!
Review this Samsung advice, anything else, is probably extending beyond the Forum rules.