can i install programs on different partition

isaacual69

hello...i was wondering if it is possible to take a hard drive that has 2 partitions (c and d) and install windows on 1 partition and then install programs on the 2nd partition?...if so, then if i were to have to reinstall windows at any time would the programs still work ( i asume i would have to go into d drive to click the icon to start the program, would it still recognize thtat it is the same computer because of the fresh install) and also what happens when a program doesnt give you the option to change the location for insallation?...is there a way around this...sorry if this is complicaated to read, but thanks for all the help

PC eye

banned
The best advuce us for installing programs on C while allowing options for saving files onto D. Unless you are performing a repair install of Windows where only system files are replaced with the occasional need to reinstall video and sound drivers you would also have to reinstall all programs. This would include any programs with the custom location option installed to the D partition. Many programs mandate and expect to be installed on C. That's the way they were designed. The best use of the second D partition is to create folders for backing up your files in case the C primary ends up being reformatted or deleted due to a virus infection or change of OS.