Can i put audio tracks onto a DVD R

taylormsj

Can i put some audio songs onto a DVD R and then play them on a stereo/ cd player/ car cd player etc...?

Thanks

heyman421

banned
only if it's able to read dvd's

and i know a lot of car cd players WILL play mp3/wma off of a dvd if they have dvd drives, but some of the earlier ones have a limit to the number of directories/total # of files that can be on the disc, because they have a limited amount of memory to store the (word escapes me) whatever you call the directory on the cd that says which sectors all the files are at....

haha, i can't for the life of me remember what that's called...

Last edited:

Jack Bauer

banned
Can i put some audio songs onto a DVD R and then play them on a stereo/ cd player/ car cd player etc...?

Thanks

You should be able to put audio on a dvd but I would just get CD's for that it would be much cheaper. But if you do put audio on dvds you will not be able to play them on a cd player you will need a dvd player.

double b26

Thanks

both the other guys are right.

and, the audio will have to be in mp3, wma or whatever your player can read. it wont be in cd-audio format (like a store bought cd).

so basically, whatever you are going to try and play the dvd-r in has to be (1) a dvd drive and(2.) mp3, wma (or some other format) compatible.