can I run this by you all real quick?

cottoncandysky

okay, i give up. too busy and stressed to build my own damn computer right now. one day!!!! im lookin forward to it, cuz all this prebuilt crap is a total rip off. now i just gotta find a good computer under $600 that will last me a few years. rightttt! good luck to me! this bites

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
"Good computer" and "under $600" are often (unfortunately), mutually exclusive terms :)

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
I didnt mean "$600" as a hard number i just mean the general idea. Note that you WILL be able to get a system that suits your needs (work, no games etc) and as long as you realize you probably could get a much better system for that money then everything is hunky dory .... when you finally do have time to build your own system, you'll llook back and say "damn i shoulda :p"

cottoncandysky

haha im sayin, "damn i should" right now! but im a wuss and dunno if i can, and dont wanna put $500 in hardware when i dont even know if i can do it. i have a general idea of parts, and am good with instructions...but jeez, it seems so overwhelming!!!
i went off of this post

http://www.computerforum.com/showthread.php?t=3161&page=2

and the parts came to $448...but i didnt know about a sound card...if it was needed or what, and then internet connections....what was needed for that if i was going through DSL or dial up...

Last edited:

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
For most mobos now, they have some form of onboard sound so you prolly wont need it per se :)