Can you have hard drives like this?

Ok, so lets go back to the HDD thing. IF I use two HDD's what size HDD would be good for the OS and other software ? I know this somewhat depends on what the other software is BUT , lets just say what would be enough for 99% of people,,,,, on the HDD for my files I know the answer would be as large as I could afford at the time OR at least that's what I would expect the answer to be................
 
I would go with a 250gb drive for the OS and programs and like you said whatever size drive you can afford for data storage. The smaller size drives are being phased out, newegg still carry some smaller size drives.
 
Again maybe a dumb question and please forgive me if it is BUT on a HDD would it be best for me to buy a "Bare" or "Retail" packaged version? IF I got the bare model would I only be short the Sata Cable? OR is there more that would be lacking?

OR are the retail models just that because of coming in a nice box. If that's all I don't need another box. ;^)
 
Last edited:
You will essentially get the same drive with either. The retail package usually comes with a manual, warranty card, software disk, and possibly a cable (not all do). The bare drive is just that, a bare drive. Honestly, you won't miss anything. You can get SATA cables cheaper than the cost difference between bare/retail if that is an issue.
 
The software to install to let you clone the original drive, like if you were going from a smaller drive to a bigger drive.
 
The software to install to let you clone the original drive, like if you were going from a smaller drive to a bigger drive.

With this in mind,,,,, is it worth buying "retail" ONE TIME time in order to get this software OR would I be better off buying this software later IF and when I ever need it?
 
Last edited:
Usually you can download software that will do it, so there is no need to order a retail hard drive.
 
Back
Top