Can you help with some spyware removal

jbrown456

hello everyone i need some help i have some spyware in my computer called
LOP
from lop.com i didnt put it there and i didnt want it

i have tried all that fancey webroot spysweeper spybot adaware and other things and i have read all kinds of websites about it and i cant get rid of it it is partly gone however and i dont want to format help! :confused:

Lorand

<b>VIP Member</b>
Lop is hard to remove. Once I cleaned a computer, but without spyware removals (not a single one could handle this, the removal was only partial). Simply opened regedit and deleted every entry that contained lop.com (or "saoe", I don't remember exactly)...

Hellbreather

You have either given up or have solved the problem, but since there is no comfirmation of either or the two I will post what keys you must delete from the registry to remove this spyware
(This process is not 100% guarenteed as the files are randomly named, making removal manually quite complex)

1. First of all you need to run a full scan using an anti-virus or anti-spyware software program and find out what program contains the adware.lop spyware.

2. Open Regedit.exe

3. Click on the edit menu -> Find
4. In the "Find What" type the name of the file that is detected as Adware.Lop
5. Click "Find Next". You might find one of the following entries.
  • "(default)"="%ApplicationData%\<random filename>.dll"
  • "(Default)"="%Program Files%\<Random Directory>\<Random Filename>.dll"
in one of theses registry keys:
  • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\<random id>\InprocServer32
  • HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\CLSID\<random ID>\InprocServer32
Delete these keys if found

6. Once again click on the edit menu -> Find
7. In the "Find What" box, type the random ID you got in step 5.
8. You may find the following value
"(Default)"="{Random ID}"
In the following registry keys
  • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\<random.A>.<random.B>\CLSID
  • HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\<random.A>.<random.B>.1\CLSID

9. Delete those keys if found
10. Now delete the following value:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\ Browser Helper Objects\{random ID}

Hopefully if you can follow these complex instructions this piece of spyware will be removed from your system.

If it isn't already :p. I hope this helps if you do need to still remove it!!!

cell4me

banned
If anyone gets this in the future xoftspy will remove it but you have to run in safemode and then reboot computer after scan!