cannon S3IS and wide angle lens

tremmor

im never been a tech with this camera. I have every attachment you can get for it. Macro, wide angle and zoom. Im just not there yet but do take a lot of pictures. I had one problem and the res picture was very poor. turned out the battery was low so i changed it. then i started taking all pictures with wide angle lens. picture is terrible quality. my question is and from a hobby stand point, is this something i should not be doing using wide angle lens for everyday shooting? i use it because it is wider and captures more people. I figured it would be alright if i did. i cannot get a good picture for the life of me. Maybe a picnic with all family and wanted all. or is it likely some other settings. Portraits work fine. (if everybody is standing still). just wanted to capture everybody. without wide lens works well. is it for just still pictures?

Im not expecting most to have this camera. maybe a link to and for support for this camera would be great and then ask.

thanks

Laquer Head

This is a nice camera man. I would tend to say that wide-angles should be used primarily for still, landscape shots, panoramas, etc.

I have yet to see any wide-angle the is truly sharp and accurate with the exception of my 16-35mm on my SLR.

I even have a 10-22mm ultra wide, and while it takes exceptionally wide angle of view, the sharpness and overall result is sacrificed.

If I were you, I wouldn't rely on a wide angle lens for everyday shooting. You are not going to get the result you desire.