Cannot Find Printer IP Address

positron

I have windows 7, and a HP 1050A J410 series printer. I am attempting to find the printers IP address, but cannot.
Printer Properties, nothing under "Location". Click on Ports, no ip address, printer using virtual port.

Next I tried these steps.
  1. Go to Start, click All Programs and open Accessories.
  2. Right click on Command Prompt in the Program list and then select Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type your password, or click OK, or else click Yes.
  3. In the Command Prompt, type ipconfig and press "Enter" to see your IP address and other information about your network. Your computer's IP address is listed next to "IPv4."
  4. Type ping followed by your IP address, then press "Enter."
  5. Type arp -a and press "Enter" to see a list of all devices connected to the network and the IP address for each.
  6. Also, you may type netstat -r and press "Enter" at the command prompt to view the IP address of printers and other devices connected to the network.
Tried entering all the ip addresses into the browser tabs, no luck.

What to do next?

Thanks for help and time.

pos

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
It won't have an IP address since its not a wireless printer. It can only be connected via usb.

positron

Thanks for your reply John. Much appreciated. I only print using black ink, and I found last night that just tapping the black ink button,
the printer does a small fit, and then prints. After that it prints normal until either I let it fall asleep, or power off and on again. I think
I can live with that, especially with $45.00 cart price tag even at Walmart.

Cheers and great week.

steve

strollin

If you only print in black anyway, consider investing in a monochrome laser printer. A laser costs a little more up front but pays you back with faster prints, less cost per page, less maintenance and higher reliability. I switched to a laser from an inkjet about 8 years ago and would never consider going back.

positron

Thanks for your suggestion Strollin, but I cannot afford much of anything on my meager SS income. I have
had the 1050A for some 7 years and it works quite well.

I was able to obtain some "50 refill cartridges" worth of ink for $8.00 to use in my 1050A sometime ago. Pretty cheap and
I don't print that much out anymore. The ink works great.

Again I appreciate your suggestions and keep it in mind for future Strollin.

Cheers and thanks Gents.

steve