cannot get into bios, why?

Jesse11

ok ever since a clean format and install i cannot get into bios ive tried everything, i continualy hit del, thats my bios access key, and windows overrides that and just keeps on loading after the post screen, poop on windows me, how can i get back into bios acces?

Cheers for a any advice

Jesse
g.php

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
What kind of keyboard are you using, usb or ps/2 type? If usb then most likely you have disabled the usb keyboard and mouse at boot. You will need to use a ps/2 type to access the bios and change the setting back.

Jesse11

What kind of keyboard are you using, usb or ps/2 type? If usb then most likely you have disabled the usb keyboard and mouse at boot. You will need to use a ps/2 type to access the bios and change the setting back.

2 year old home built, pentium II 400, ps2 keyboard, never done this before. until a new format and install of windows me i believe, its delete im positive even tells me to press del to enter setup. uh when i do attempt to enter i get a click and windows starts to load, im pretty positive windows is overriding the boot process, so ill try the unplug keyboard thing in a little:confused:

wolfeking

banned
Pentium 2 and ME is way older than 2 years old.

Just a thought, but have you tried another keyboard? Yours might be going out.