Canon ip4000 - problem - can anyone help?

sinbad

Hello,

I am hoping someone can help or recognize these specific symptoms, I have a Canon IP4000 printer that was left unused for some time.

After connecting it up it would only print blank pages. I have followed various suggestions online, and spent many days on it, including removing the cartridge to make sure its not blocked, I have also cleaned the print head thoroughly and it is not blocked either.

Occasionally, normally after I remove the cartridge, it will print maybe one or two pages before the text will fade until blank. When the cartridge is in it seems to have a build up of ink on the cartridge side, and occasionally blobs of ink appear on the paper at random.

The best way to get one or two pages out of it is to place a different cartridge in one of the sockets, then remove it, and sometimes it will print for a short time.

Any idea what's going on? It seems to work at random, I don't think it's a cartridge issue, and I don't think it's blocked, any ideas, or would it be a case of a broken print head?.

Thanks. :)

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Your cartridges are probably just dried up and need to be replaced. Thats the problem with inkjet printers, if you don't print from them on a regular basis the ink will dry up. If new cartridges doesn't work then the printhead will need to be thoroughly cleaned it looks like.