Can't Figure Out Wireless

kikoHI

Hello!
I got a Compaq Presario 2500 a few months ago. I have a wireless router but no matter what I do, or what my computer savvy father does, we cannot get wireless going! I dream of emailing in my bedroom or living room. Please help! It says I am connected but I cannot get online. Thank you
Kiko

P11

VIP Member
well first of all do you have a internal wirless card of a pcmcia card? also what type of wireless router do you have because it took me 1 day to find out exactly how to configure it b4 i could get a wireless signal.

64vette

kikoHI said:
Hello!
I got a Compaq Presario 2500 a few months ago. I have a wireless router but no matter what I do, or what my computer savvy father does, we cannot get wireless going! I dream of emailing in my bedroom or living room. Please help! It says I am connected but I cannot get online. Thank you
Kiko

I assume because it says you are connected that you have a wireless card in your laptop.
Have you set up Internet Explorer and/or your email program with your ISP information. On your desktop, when you initially set up your internet connection, you had to enter your ISP information.
On your laptop, in Internet Explorer (if that's what your using), go into "Tools" - "Internet Options" - "Connections" (tab at the top) and click on the "Lan Settings" button. Make sure there is a check mark in the box for "automatically detect settings".

If that still doesn't get you running, you may need to configure the lan connection with your ISP info.