Can't find downloaded file in Windows XP

Dross

I downloaded SuSE Linux Eval on my friend's Dell notebook (Windows XP) with the intention of burning that file onto a DVD. Unfortunately, before I could burn it, I had to shut down (properly, the machine didn't crash or anything) and now I can't find the file. I've opened up the hidden folders, I used the search function and I've looked everywhere that I could possibly think of. I've downloaded this file on another machine and it was saved in a hidden folder on the Hard Drive, but I can't find it there this time. Any ideas would be much appreciated, this is driving me nuts.

By the way, does anyone know how I can determine definitively what type of CD/DVD's this Dell uses -- I think I am using the wrong format (DVD+R), but before I go out and buy some DVD-R's, I want to make sure.

Dross

randruff

Was the file an iso image? If so, goto seach and make sure advanced options and everything in there is checked and type *.iso in the find box. (assuming its an iso)

As for DVD capabilities, i am not sure if it is included in the trial version but Nero has a utility that tells a drives capabilities.