Can't find the right Desktop

Seanusaf

I would love to get the 9800 GTX, but I can't afford too. It costs an additional $84

that's what my thinking was too, but it will not be as outdates as fast i think. that's worth it for me in the long run. im trying to make this one last.

AeroMonk

If I get Windows Vista 32 bit in this new computer, can I still use my old 802.11b Router? Will the router stop working if I use Vista 32 bit? The router specs are:

Model No: BEFW11S4

Linksys Wireless-B Broadband Router BEFW11S4 - Wireless router + 4-port switch - EtherFast Wireless AP w/DSL

AeroMonk

If I do need to get a new router, that is compatible with Vista 32 bit - then I need to know which router will work.

I briefly looked at bestbuy.com and found a new router, would this one be compatible with Vista 32 bit?

D-Link - RangeBooster G Wireless Router
WBR-2310

$39.99

Seanusaf

im pretty sure any wireless g will. b might but have never used on. I use a Lynksis Wireless g and it works great with vista 32 bit

nhnsen

Aero have you checked out barebones on tiger direct?

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applicat...tails.asp?EdpNo=3747033&body=MAIN#detailspecs

If you are comfortable putting in a video card etc (you mentioned you may want upgrade in the future) then you could potentially save some money getting a barebones kit and then adding only the stuff you really want, also enabling you to shop around and get the best deal. That way you dont have to "build" a computer but you can still put it together yourself if that makes sense.

Here is another great place to check out:
http://www.portatech.com/1239/Catalog/Barebones_Computers.htm

lovely?

do not get windows vista 32bit. if your getting vista then get 64 bit. the compatibility issues that were there when vista came out are long gone. nowadays, the 32 bit version is limiting the amount of ram people like me can put in their machines.

James^.^

I would definitley get the HD4850 or HD4870 for the graphics card, they blow nvidia products outa the park for the price/power

ilya124

I need help finding the best Desktop Computer to purchase. I've spent 4 days just reading tons of information & deals, now I'm in information overload. I really don't know which computer to buy.

Here's what I'm looking for:

* Has to be a Dell system

* I want to buy it from a well-known store (Best Buy, Circuit City, Costco, Sam's, etc.)

* Price range: $1,000 - $1,300

* Computer needs to be easily Upgradeable for future products & features. I don't want to buy a new computer in 2 years, when instead I could just put in a new video graphics card, more gigs of RAM, and a better CPU.

* This computer is going to be used for serious Gaming, I play the newest and most popular games available. (Unreal Tournament, Flight Simulator X, Call of Duty, etc.)

* I need a computer that can give great Video Graphics to handle all of my Gaming needs

* So, I need the best GPU for my price range, and it has to be Direct X 10

* A Power Unit with at least 650-850 watts

* DVD+/-RW

* I don't need a fancy Hard Drive, so anything with at least 80 gigs is plenty

* I need 3 GB of RAM, but 4 GB would be even better

Thanks in Advance for helping me:rolleyes:

get a dell vostro 410. if the video card isnt good enough, swap t out and buy another one. PS> look for dell vostro in the small business part of the dell site.:)

chibicitiberiu

For late games my Intel P4 3 GHz with 1.5 GB RAM and with Ati Radeon 9550 work just fine (like flight sim, or others). I'm not that crazy after new and realistic videogames.