Can't get past POST

Pausop

I didn't say just the socket. I said buying a totally different socket 1155 motherboard. Asrock isn't a popular brand where Gigabyte and Asus is.

Oh I see. But those motherboards would then work with all my other components then?
Sorry for not understanding.

johnb35

Administrator
Staff member
Oh I see. But those motherboards would then work with all my other components then?
You just have to make sure what you pick is compatible with existing memory and what cpu you have. I know you don't live in the USA or UK so it might be harder to find a compatible motherboard that old.

Pausop

You just have to make sure what you pick is compatible with existing memory and what cpu you have. I know you don't live in the USA or UK so it might be harder to find a compatible motherboard that old.
Yeah I live in Austria. Although the original was purchased in Germany.
I will see.
How can I find out which cpu I have?

Paula

Eduardo96

First try to unplug all the drives and mouse from the board. Leave only the Keyboard and a minimun amount of RAM installed. If the problem persist it may be the bios, or a failure on the CPU which is unlikely since they are not common. If not and you can enter the bios setup and the system ask for a bootable device, all is OK and you may add ONE by ONE the remaining components. The moment the system give the same problem tells you which component has the problem. That is a method that don't fail, that and reading the error messages.

Pausop

First try to unplug all the drives and mouse from the board. Leave only the Keyboard and a minimun amount of RAM installed. If the problem persist it may be the bios, or a failure on the CPU which is unlikely since they are not common. If not and you can enter the bios setup and the system ask for a bootable device, all is OK and you may add ONE by ONE the remaining components. The moment the system give the same problem tells you which component has the problem. That is a method that don't fail, that and reading the error messages.
Thank you.
I have already done that and it doesn't change unfortunately.
Thanks anyway.
Paula

Eduardo96

I have already done that and it doesn't change unfortunately.
Well, Paula, the problem is in the BIOS or in the motherboard itself. Many times is just a piece that is broken. Anyway, try another CPU on the same board. I've never seen a CPU broke but no one knows when it may happen. By the way, there are some BIOS recovery and repair tools that can flash it. Get in contact with the manufacturer or, if they aren't servicing it, just download it from a safe site in internet.

Pausop

Well, Paula, the problem is in the BIOS or in the motherboard itself. Many times is just a piece that is broken. Anyway, try another CPU on the same board. I've never seen a CPU broke but no one knows when it may happen. By the way, there are some BIOS recovery and repair tools that can flash it. Get in contact with the manufacturer or, if they aren't servicing it, just download it from a safe site in internet.

Hi.
Unfortunately I do not have another CPU and I don't want to buy one just to test. The fan on the CPU turns so I assume its working.
I have contacted the manufacturer and they haven't replied.
How can I download if I can't get into the computer and the mouse and keyboard are not working. If the mouse and keyboard worked I would be able to access the Bios.

Paula

Eduardo96

Hi.
Unfortunately I do not have another CPU and I don't want to buy one just to test. The fan on the CPU turns so I assume its working.
I have contacted the manufacturer and they haven't replied.
How can I download if I can't get into the computer and the mouse and keyboard are not working. If the mouse and keyboard worked I would be able to access the Bios.

Paula
Just download from the phone or any other computer in the world.
Just to see the fan spinning does't mean the CPU works. The fan will work even without CPU because it only needs power. Apply more pressure to the manufacturer. They have to reply.

Eduardo