Cant Get rid of a Icon

Hey

i downloaded a Program last night and now because it dont work it wont delete i have tried booting into safe mode and still i cant delete it ...what shall i do ...is there any Killer Programs ..for things like this /.

apj101

VIP Member
what is the error message that it is giving you?
Does the program come with an uninstall program?
What was the program?
How are you trying to delete it?

We need to know all these things

apj101

VIP Member
is it just this one file that you cant delete, or is there are whole bunch of files associated with the program that you installed? Its best to try to find out what it is that is loading this file at boot, maybe post your hijackthis log. Try turning everything off in msconfig then boot.
If worst comes to worst just boot to dos and delete it from there.

apj101

VIP Member
evilxp2800 said:
its ok ive just hidden it ...so it no longer seeable .lol quick and easy way
i do think you should focus on deleting it. Things like this shouldn't be left lying around. But its your choice.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
1. You can always delete from recovery console
2. Grab something called wholockme to kill the access process and then delete it :)

rjkengr

wouldn't registry mechanic take care of this or does it just take care of left over files from programs that have been removed?

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
wouldn't registry mechanic take care of this or does it just take care of left over files from programs that have been removed?
Registry keys and files are separate things. If a file is in use (whether you see it in use or not), you wont be able to delete it (without causing problems)