cant identify this exe

losertech

I found ilannz.exe in my system 32 folder and have searched google to no avail. someone help me find out what this exe is!!!

Hellbreather

Have you run a spyware and adware check on you system also check msconfig.exe for that process and most likely I can tell you if it's spyware

Hellbreather

Then I doubt it's spyware, spyware or any other virus whould be in msconfig.exe I suggest you leave it and if anything comes up then let us know.

losertech

will keep ya posted, Im pretty familar with spyware and viruses and was just confused about this one .exe hasnt caused any roblems so far, just hate being in the dark about anything.

Byteman

Malware Destroyer
I can't find it either. not part of windows, nor of any program i can find. Try going online to www.webroot.com and run their spy audit (free, you can input a bogus email, don't give them your real one) utility as a double check. I have ran both Ad-Aware, SpyBot and MSAS, and Spysweeper still comes up with stuff they missed... ;)

Lax

VIP Member
Hellbreather said:
Then I doubt it's spyware, spyware or any other virus whould be in msconfig.exe I suggest you leave it and if anything comes up then let us know.
Not all spyware/adware that is running shows up in MSconfig. In fact a good amount of it doesn't. It can piggy back on explorer.exe and/or open when another program starting with windows starts.

P.S. I also can't find it. Have you tried running Hijackthis just to see if it shows any program attached to it?