cant install xp

ste15mpc

New Member
I have a Packard bell iStart 2389 running Windows Vista Home Premium with a Seagate Tonka II / Barracuda HDD, I would like to also install Windows XP Home Edition, I have a new XP disk and I have partitioned my hard drive but when I try to install XP the option to install is there but I am unable to choose this, I do not know a lot about computers and have no idea what I need to do, some research has suggested this is something to do with the sata drive but I have no idea what to do next,any help would be appreciated
 
okay so you part the drive and installed xp but you cant boot it up? or you cant even install it or just cant select xp on bootup? I read your post.. just want to be clear so I can help

What are your componets of your pc?
 
Back
Top