Can't play most games.. Looking to upgrade.

Char

I will have ~$300-400 when I go to the computer show on Saturday and my main reason for going is to upgrade my desktop computer or buy a gaming laptop. What I usually use my computer for is League of Legends, Chrome (a lot of tabs), APB Reloaded (The guns lagg me so bad that I can't even play and it's all around slow motion), and MSN.

When I bought my computer I hoped i'd be able to play my games no problem but even if I close EVERYTHING and open up my game, it still lags to the point where it's not even remotely enjoyable. I'm hoping going to this computer show will help me get my computer to do what I want it to.

This is(should be) the exact computer I bought a while back:

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-BT529AA-ABA/14978548

Any suggestions on what I should upgrade? I was thinking my processor or graphics card may be the problem but I know absolutely nothing about computers so I need a bit of help :/.

Thanks in advance.

claptonman

Graphics card, since yours does not have one, only integrated graphics. But in order to put a new graphics card in, you have to also get a new power supply. Your computer is a bit old, but still should be good for those tasks.

If you have $300-400, I'd get a Nvidia 560 or a AMD 6870. Anything else will be overkill for the rest of your system. For the power supply, you need a quality 550-650w power supply. Look for brands like corsair, antec, seasonic, silverstone, pc power and cooling, or xfx.

And you may want to install windows. If you're still on the same install as when you got it, your computer is probably loaded with junk you've acquired over the years. Not your fault, it just happens.

Char

And I can find this pretty cheap at the computer show?

Also, my processor is alright?

1 more thing; Getting a new case would probably not be the best choice for this computer?

Last edited: