Can't transfer large files over network

Infected_FreAk

Hi, here's my problem.

I have a local are network of 4 computers all of them are win2k with latest service packs. All of them have Norton Internet Security 2004. All of them are P4 with at least 256 MB RAM.
One of them has a larger harddrive (130GB) so once in a while I backup some info to that computer, but if the file is more than 10 mb (I'm guessing here) the transfer feezes in the process. I loose my connection to all the computers from my network, but the internet connection is still active and working. I have to restart to be able to view computers on my network places again
I tried changing network cables, disabling firewall, nothing works.

I'd really appreciate your help.
Thanx

Infected_FreAk

Ok I checked my hub on another network its working fine, then I pluged my network to a different hub it was fine for few days then went back to usual. Since i managed big graphic files it is vital for me to save to computer with bigger harddrive.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Saving through Photoshop or Pagemaker,
w00t PM!

the transfer feezes in the process. I loose my connection to all the computers from my network
Yeah this seems to be an issue with windows file sharing .. you might consider a more robust file transfer methology (i..e, like an FTP sever, free ones exist)