Car and Driver Show emberassing for USA

SirKenin

banned
Reminds me of the ultimate ten sports cars show I saw on the Discovery Channel. The Ferrari Enzo was beat out by a...wait for it....wait for it....

MAZDA *^&^ING MIATA!!!!!! hahaha. I choked. I wanted to throw something at the TV.

Vista

Here is my dream car... will probably never be able to get the 1.5 million $ (!) to buy one...:(

Last edited:

P11

VIP Member
lovely car but i hate mercs to be honest.

and plenty to beat it..

veyron im sure could...otherwise Maserati MC12, Pagani Zonda F and the Koenigsigg CCX would destroy it for sure :D

Sadly, neither car can beat it :) I'll post 0-62mph speeds if you wish.

jimmymac

VIP Member
go for it, and if your about to say 1.67 seconds then all i can say is dont believe everything you read, thers absolutely nothing confirming that it can do that at all. Not even the owner Mohammed Ben Sulayem has confirmed any details of its 0-60 time yet.

Notice in the video its not beating the enzo by much, the enzo does 0-60 in just under 3.3 seconds. Im sorry but after 1.67 seconds on that video the merc is not 2 seconds ahead of the enzo.

Also note the sound from the enzo's engine, he is short shifting quite drastically, stick a decent driver in there who knows how to shift and im sure they would be nearer equal.

the engine of that slr pumps out 615BHP and is expected to max out at 350km/h, convert that to mph and you have a car that will do 30mph less than the koenigsigg and 40+mph less than the veyron will do

A stock SLK weighs 1795kg and with that engine added i imagine that it weighs more, the enzo a mere 1365kg.

So we have a car weighing 1795kg + with 615bhp and a car weighing 1365kg with 650hp, Put simply the enzo should win easily.

So many people that have seen that video have commented on the fact that the enzo is short shifting terribly and should have been more in that race if not ahead in that race...1.67 seconds is rubbish made up on the internet im afraid

Last edited:

P11

VIP Member
1.67 is certainly a lie, but regardless the SLK55 w/SLR engine will always beat the enzo.

jimmymac

VIP Member
not convinced it will, a real driver in both cars shifting correctly and i think that the pair would be closer matched, hell if you want me too i can get my uncle over with a bentley and with a bit off subtle short shifting and not pushing as hard as possible and i'll show you how my audi will out do it on a straight