cardreader (it's not offtopic is it?)

butter

here's the problem. i've got an embedded 7in1 cardreader in the front panel of the case. it works fine, the only issue is that if i plug anything into the USB port - it stops working, and windows shows a message saying that the unit has not enough power and was disconnected. once i free the usb port - everything comes back as it was, working smoothly.

weird, eh?

butter

poor design of what???? %)

it is an inconvenience, cuz my case is located inside the hmm whichamacallit inside the desk lol.. the bottom line is that the back side of it is not really reachable, and nowadays u have to plug usb in and out every day

MyCattMaxx

You could always run a USB ext. cord from the back. Have you tried plugging in different things into the front USB?

butter

You could always run a USB ext. cord from the back. Have you tried plugging in different things into the front USB?

i did that, but it's not convenient, and my dad usually messes up with it somehow.. plus there's tons of wiring already..

and yea, i did try plugging in different things - it's all the same

PohTayToez

Oh, I thought that you meant there was a USB port on the card reader itself and is somewhat common, and that if you plugged something into that port then the card reader wont work.

I might suggest trying a different card reader.

butter

yea, u got me right - THERE IS A PORT on the card reader itself. but i tried the back side also.. just didn't work cuz of wire-ugliness hanging around like snots.. lol

a new card reader - is a good thought.. never think of that lol - so simple. and it's prob not that expensive either

thanks

MyCattMaxx

The USB port on my card reader works fine. In fact I have my phone plugged into it right now so I can get online. I also use it alot for my thumb drives.

butter

yea, my usb port USED TO work fine, but then all of a sudden started doing these flipouts.. no clue what happened