Cd burner error

parker

when using nero it burns to about 20% and then I get a scsi target error- what could be the problem. Thanks.

Praetor

Administrator
Staff member
Well for starters:
1. What type of CD are you burning
2. What burner do you have

parker

the burner is justa generic internal burner I am not sure of the brand

I was just burning some mp3's onto a cd- I have had it work in the past but lately it hasn't worked.

I have internal dvd drive as well could that be related to the problem

magicman

VIP Member
Quoted from the FAQ's on Nero's website...

I get a 'SCSI target error' when using Nero/Nero Express. How do I resolve this problem?

This error be caused by the following:

Normally caused by CD-R or CD-RW media the recorder is unable to work with. Or the media could be defective, dirty or just not compatible with the recorder.
Cables are known to cause this: loose cables, damaged cables, loose power connectors, etc.
Defective recorders are known to cause this. Test with another demo software to rule out software as the cause. If two software programs have the same symptom, your recorder may need service.
If the drive is being polled by another software's driver, it could hang the bus. Uninstall any other CD recording software you may have had on your system, as well as Nero. Then use Registry cleaner software to clean you registry. At last try a fresh install of our latest Nero release.