cd rom cables

Bigshow1030

hey on the back of a cd rom you have 1 cable which i believe is known as the ide cable for the power.....is the other one referred to as a sata cable? It would be the one that looks like a tape cable?

Please help

I am wanting to put round cables in the new system however I have the ide cables but I wasn't sure if the other cables I am needing are referred to as floppys.

diablo

Bigshow1030 said:
hey on the back of a cd rom you have 1 cable which i believe is known as the ide cable for the power.....is the other one referred to as a sata cable? It would be the one that looks like a tape cable?

Please help

I am wanting to put round cables in the new system however I have the ide cables but I wasn't sure if the other cables I am needing are referred to as floppys.

the IDE cable is used to hook the cd-rom to the motherboard for the device to work. You also hav ea power cable that is loke 4 wires in one conector usualy black , red yellow etc., a SATA cable takes the place of an IDE cable in newer model devices. it has like 7 pins instead of 40 like the IDE(ADA) it is also a sleek and slender cable instead of a flat grey one with like 40 wires attached to each other. noe the round IDE cables you are talking about are just regular IDE cables that have pretty much been cut apart and then encased in a sleeve. Nice cause you dont have all of those flat cables all over the place any more but the problem comes into the fact that now there is more of a chance for electromagnetic interference due to the 40 wires being all bunched together. This can cause interference with data transfer. This is what they say though. I have never used them. If you want to use the round cables instead of the regular flat wide IDE's then their called round IDE cables

SlothX311

ZER0X said:
There should also be an internal CD-ROM Audio Cable

You dont have to use that. The only time that you need that is if you want to listen to an audio CD through the headphone port on your CD-ROM :p

ZER0X

VIP Member
SlothX311 said:
You dont have to use that. The only time that you need that is if you want to listen to an audio CD through the headphone port on your CD-ROM :p

I know that but I'm just pointing it out because most cdroms have that cable :)