cd-rom oscillation

im2hard2resist

i got a strange problem ......, the cd-rom drive keeps on going in and out all the time @ a very fast rate ...... and slows down windows a lot , coz it tries 2 detect a new cd everytime , and this happens the moment the power is switched on ... tried mcafee 2 no avail :( , finally the system bcame damn slow , and i was lef twid only 1 option ---> 2 remove the cd-rom drive powercord. also 1 thing of interest is dat the lens is alrite coz i inserted a cd, it played only 2 come back after 3s! also this happens alll the time the system is powered except when the final screen "it is safe 2 turn off ur comp " appears ..... ,so i guess.... there shud b a software problem...... plzz need help!

pcl0adletterwtf

its sounds like the drive is going...id buy a new one and then install it...if that one is messing up just return the new one...lol..best way to do it...soem drives range from 20-60 i picked up a dvd/r +/- adn cd/r combo for $44....tigerdirect

BlaBli

LOL..... interesting...did u tried to kick it? (i mean it), maybe something is stuck there making the bottun like be pressed all the time :)