CGI form handler

nomav6

I looked up some free ones but they all have ads which is kinda expected lol, but I did find one free one from EZ Forms but they said it only works on a unix server and my server is win2000, anyone have some suggestions, also how hard is CGI to learn? I've done programing before and was thinking about just picking up CGI (probably PHP since I did study it a little) but I need to form to be up really quick so I don't want to risk putting up some faulty code just because I'm in a hurry. :cool:

Last edited:

ian

Administrator
Staff member
Did you edit the form to include the email address that you want the email sent to?
submit_to: The person to receive the e-mail. Example
<INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="submit_to"
VALUE="[email protected]">

nomav6

its on a win2000 server that doesn't have send mail, so I'm using
$SMTP_SERVER="localhost";
I think I've read somewhere that localhost doesn't always work for some reason, but this is the only way I know how to do it, so does anyone have tips on what I need to do?

nomav6

ok, well I decided to do some stuff in cold fussion, well everything works prefect, almost, I still dont get the EMAIL! lol.

nomav6

I told myself I wasn't going to leave my computer untill I got it working this time, well here I am a couple hours later and everything is working :cool: looks like its time to go out and have some drinks hehe.

ian

Administrator
Staff member
congrats on getting it to work.
I know how annoying it can be when scripts dont work.