change or add default language

ahmet

I have some videos that are set in a different language or default language was change to different language instead of it being origionally english. I want to be able to change the default language to english for my kids. Is it possiable using windows media player classic or do I always have to manually switch the default language.

You say 'videos', do you mean VHS or DVD? I think you'll find that those that have a default language other than English need to be changed through the on-screen menu, I'm referring here to DVD's, VHS tapes I think are single language depending on the Country they have been recorded for. DVD's produced for English speaking Countries have English as the default language and those produced for non-English speaking Countries either have to be set to English from the menu or have English subtitles. As an aside, the majority of DVD players are region specific and are set only to play discs meant for that region and the main two formats are the American NSTC (Region 1) and the European PAL format (Region 2, 4 and zero, which is 'open' format), You can change your player to play all regions and formats by searching Google for the 'region unlocking code' for your particular make and model but be aware that not all DVD players will unlock.