Choose 1 out of the 2.

Bigwoods

banned
So I currently have 1GB of PC2-4200 (533MHz) in my computer and I'm upgrading. Which option would you choose:

3GB of PC2-4200
or
2GB of PC2-5300
 
Last edited:
PC2 4200, 5300 and 6400 are all supported.. Is it possible that I just found 3GB of PC2-5300 and 3GB PC2-6400 for the same price????

Prices can vary so much from site to site..store to store..

If you can do pc2-6400...do it...pick up a 2GB kit..you will find them for dirt cheap.

here is just one quick example...http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=18580&vpn=twin2x2048-6400c4&manufacture=corsair

hell at the price of pc2-6400 if you can do 4GB...do it and you'll be laughing..
 
Last edited:
Okay so if I go for 2GB of PC2-6400 I should notice a lot better performance compared to a 3GB PC2-4200?

I would certainly say so...6400 is 800mhz....

Going from 1GB of pc-4200 to 2GB of pc-6400 is a nice upgrade for so cheap.

Depending on budget and other plans, you might consider getting 2 kits for a total of 4GB. Even on 32-bit o/s with limitations, I would definately load it up.
 
Back
Top