clock keeps on restartin

b|ued

oftentimes, my computer clock gets back to january 1, 2001. it's very annoying because i have to keep on resetting the clock. what can be the problem of my computer? thank u

randruff

This is kind of odd, whereas, i have never heard of this happening. In somewhat similar circumstances, i once had a problem where my Windows clock was moving too fast. I had to synchronize it once every couple of days because over the course of that time, it would eventually progress about a half an hour too fast. The culprit of my problem was a setting in BIOS but unfortunatly, i cannot remember which setting it was. That may be a place to start.

apj101

VIP Member
has it always being doing this, or have you changed something?

The clock will reset if it losses all power, that mean that you physically turn of the power supply (the switch at the back, or pull out the plug) AND the battery in the computer is not connected. Now it could be that the battery is screwed up, in which case whenever you do the former action the clock will reset.

Maybe that helps? Also may be worth updating you bios, never hurts

Hellbreather

The battery on your CMOS may be fitted incorrectly, I had this problem I once knocked my computer and the CMOS battery slipped out and was only half connected. Which caused my CMOS and BIOS to reset every time the computer was turned off.
Look for a battery like this on your computer and make sure it is tightly fitted into the battery slot.

Attachments

• cmos+battery.gif
    cmos+battery.gif
    26.9 KB · Views: 101